CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 12, 2012

I DID IT!!!




I am officially a TEACHER! I finished my Bachelors degree in 18 months, I did my teacher certification program, my student teaching for 12 weeks, and thousands of dollars in exams for the most valuable piece of paper (next to my marriage license and our son's birth certificate!) I'll ever own.
Now... here's the HARD part. Finding a job! As students learning to be teachers, we have such delusions of graduer  about our "dream classroom" and what it's going to be like to finally be a teacher. No one prepares you for the frustration and disappointment of trying to find a job that is saturated with candidates (most with more experience than you), or budget cuts, layoffs and competition.

3 comments:

  1. Wahoo for you Victoria! This is such an exciting time for you! I am a Texas teacher too! God will put you where He needs you. =)

    Where in Texas do you live?

    I am your first follower!

    I would love for you to come and visit me when you get the chance.


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather!! YAY! Thanks for being my first follower! I have a lot of work to do on my blog, but it's great to have someone to write to! :) I'm heading over to your site now!

      I am in Round Rock, TX (just north of Austin). I love it here! How 'bout you? Talk to you soon!

      Delete