CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 3, 2012

I did it!! AGAIN!!!

In my psychotic quest to ensure I get hired this coming school year, I went and took the TEXES 111 Exam. That is the Generalist 4-8 exam. That means I can now teach elementary AND middle school! I am doing everything I can to make myself marketable among the thousands of other teachers looking for a classroom to call home next year. The funny thing is; I registered for the exam over a month ago and took it on May 29 (my birthday, incidentally). I figured it would give me plenty of time to go over the study guide and brush up on the stuff I haven't done in years like (GASP!!) Algebra! Epic FAIL! I walked into the exam room with absolutely NO study time under my belt and still walked out with a passing score. YAY for me!

I'm not quite sure what I want to teach yet. I just want to teach. I hate that it has taken me so long to get to where I am now and I am really eager to not waste any more time. School has only been out for a week for the summer and I already miss it. Don't get me wrong, I love my summer vacation, but I am just really excited to find a job and start my career.

I'm such a geek! I already have a box in my closet full of things I've started collecting for my classroom - storage containers, library books, desk accessories, etc. I've even started sewing pillows for my reading corner. I have all these crazy ideas for my ideal classroom. I can't wait to make my ideal a reality.

My first real purchase as a teacher... My Erin Condren teacher planner. I told my husband instead of flowers for Mother's Day, I wanted THIS! I figured it cost about the same! :)


2 comments: