CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 8, 2012

A Shout Out to A Great Community of Teachers!

WOW! I've already gotten a couple of members and some great comments from other teachers! How exciting! It's because of you that I'm here. I've gotten some great ideas, motivation and inspiration from reading your blogs. It's what inspired me to start my own. I don't have much experience yet to contribute, but it's my goal to be as organized, creative, and successful as you all. I appreciate you sharing your experience with us "newbies." It has been so helpful to read your blogs and see the awesome ways you all run your classrooms.

So, it's kinda slow around here now that we're into our summer break. I've spent the last couple of evenings updating information and applying for jobs at all of the "local" school districts. When I say local, meaning within a 30 mile radius. Most of the districts are busy placing their internal applicants and surplus teachers, so I am telling myself I probably won't be hearing back until late June, early July, or even as late as August. I am really trying to stay positive and I believe I'll get the call soon. This is truly a test of my patience, as I am the most impatient person I know!

In the meantime, I've been one of those geeky first-year teachers that sit around making wish lists of classroom supplies and drawing out my ideal classroom setting, even down to designing my bulletin boards. I have a laundry list of things I "think" I need all itemized by store and by item number. Once I know where I'll be teaching and what grade, I'll probably thin the list out a bit.

I don't know if I've mentioned, I am also a student. I am about nine months away from getting my Masters in Education. I am specializing in Educational Technology Leadership. It's been stressful, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to complete my masters in 18 months. It was well worth the time and investment. Right now, I am studying Assistive Technology and how technology supports the learning of students with special needs. I would love to hear from other teachers who have experience with students who require AT - anything from wheelchairs to hearing aids, to special computer software or equipment. Do you find teaching students requiring AT a challenge or does it fit right in with your lesson design? Thanks for your input!


3 comments:

  1. Hi! I am your newest follower. I would love to have you stop by mine.

    April
    Wolfelicious

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! I, too, have a laundry list of ideas. And, each summer, it seems to get longer. Ha! :)

    Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging!

    Lyndsey
    A Year of Many Firsts

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Lyndsey!

    Thanks for stopping by! My list is beyond ridiculous with the things I want to do. It would be nice to actually have a classroom first! :) Finding a job is the hard part! I look forward to blogging with you!

    ReplyDelete